Saturday, April 3, 2010

I called the weather's bluff.

Well, my windows are painted!  I didn't think I'd be able to get them painted so early in the year.  The weather was warm, but it was awfully windy and cloudy today.  It looked like it would rain, but I started painting anyways, and I lucked out; it never rained.  Jim caulked around the baseboards so they look even better now.
Here is a pic of Jim caulking and one of the freshly painted windows drying.


We also did some exploration of the attic.  Up to this point, we've only stuck our heads into the small access port, but today Jim actually went up there.  I stayed below to hand him up things, and for him to hand me down things he found.  It seems that if there had been anything cool up in the attic, the people we bought the house from removed it.  The only things we found were rolls of linoleum, old baby clothes from the 60's/70's, and scraps of the previous owner's school homework.  As you can see in the pics, the attic floor is covered with old paper insulation.  Jim had to wear goggles and a dust mask when he was up there.  On the plus side, Jim didn't find any animals (alive or dead) except for one lone spider.  Jim will have to venture back up there again once we are ready to update the electrics upstairs.


I think all we have left to do in my craft room is to touch up the paint on the walls near the windows,  and put up the door.  After that, I can start moving my craft stuff out of boxes in the library and into my craft room.  I'll figure out how I want to organize my closet after I get my stuff in the room.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!  Cadbury eggs = YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment