Wednesday, May 5, 2010

An Ode to Our First Mower

Deere John,
You are worthless to me.  All you do is sit around and refuse to do your job.  I'm tired of catering to your many complaints.  You dared to show up at my door with rusty blades, a headlight burnt out, your wash port cap missing, and the most aggravating thing of all...YOU WON'T START!!!  We've contacted Lowe's (where we bought you) and demanded a new mower.  They at first tried to convince me that they could change you, make you better.  But I didn't believe them.  I no longer trust you.  As soon as they "fixed" you, you'd probably come up with a different complaint.  Well, so long first mower!  I've found someone new.  Someone who actually pulls his weight around here and doesn't complain.  Consider yourself replaced!
Good bye and good riddance,
Amanda

Lol.  That was fun.  So, as you've probably guessed, we have a new-new mower.  New mower; take 2.  New Mower the sequel.  Whatever you want to call it.  Lowe's came last Saturday morning and hauled away the useless mower and delivered us another.  

As you can see from the picture below, Jim was apprehensive about starting the second mower.
But it started right up!

Just the previous afternoon, Friday, one of our neighbors offered to mow our front yard for us.  We accepted because we had not heard from Lowe's like we were supposed to on Friday.  Jim had called earlier in the week to demand the new mower and they said that they had our model in stock; however, the John Deere guy needed to come assemble them.  They told us that they would give us a call by Friday to give us an update.  Well, they never called by Friday evening, so we called them.  Good thing too because they hadn't reserved one of them for us like they said they would.  We were not pleased.  We were able to arrange for them to deliver the new mower the next day.  We sent a thank you card to our wonderful neighbor.

Here is how bad our grass was.  If you can't read the ruler, the one on the right is taller than 10 in, the ruler on the left is 8.5 in.  That is some tall grass.  If you click on the pic, you can see a slightly larger image.

Along with using the mower for the first time, Jim also tried out our new trimmer that Dad had bought us as a house warming gift.  It worked great.  Jim's pants were green from the knees down afterwards.  ^_^

In other news, my lilacs are in full bloom now.  Purple lilacs are one of my most favorite flowers and I now have 4 bushes of them growing in the yard.  I love it!

Lilacs and Azaleas

Funny.  Last summer in my creative writing class, I had to write a poem about azaleas.  I had to google them then because I didn't really know what they were...and now I have some.  They are much brighter in real life than what this photo shows.  The opening line for my poem was:
"The regalia of the dahlia does not compare
To the salient, deviant, astounding azalea."
lol.  That was my least favorite poem I had to write that summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment