Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hallelujah Drywall!

I am happy to say that we have finally started drywalling!  And by "we", I mean Jim and his parents.  LOL!  I was not allowed to help.  Drywall is heavy!  ^_^*

The first piece!

The nursery ceiling is complete!

MIL scoring the drywall

Father and son working together

Great shot of Jim

Working on the nursery closet and walls

Believe it or not, they did all this in one day!  I was quite astonished.
Thanks Mom and Dad C.!

Sorry I can't give more details.  My jobs that day included taking pictures, bringing water, and making dinner for them.  

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the nursery when it is finished. I am so excited for both of you!!! Your Mama would be so excited too! Don't worry, she is watching over you. Love you both. Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aunt Debbie! :) We're planning on hanging a picture of her in the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its really comming along beautifully. All that insulation should keep you warm in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! We've already been able to notice a difference. Our plastic barriers separating the construction zone from the rest of the house are now mostly just a dust barrier instead of a dust and temp. barrier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures of your work! I like the way you made the 2x4 panel lift/panel holder. My dad and some of the drywall installers he worked with use to have the same setup.

    I did notice that you did not stagger the joints on the ceiling. Sometimes this leads to cracking. Have you had any in the ceiling since you installed?

    Portland Drywall

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the heads up. We haven't noticed any cracking yet, but then again, we haven't started mudding yet.

    ReplyDelete