Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wild Kingdom

The wildlife in our yard seems to be quite camera shy.  I've only managed to take a few pictures, but I'll keep trying to capture them on "film".

First up is my least favorite of creatures--the spider.  He is also paired with an apparent glow-worm.  The camera kept trying to focus on the leaves and not the dangling  green caterpillar.
The spider is just chill'n with its legs crossed.

Next is the chipmunk.  For awhile, I couldn't figure out if we had a whole colony of chipmunks or just one very active one.  I would never see 2 of them together, yet I would see a chipmunk just about everywhere I went in the yard.  I eventually solved the mystery when I saw 2 chipmunks at the same time.

The only creatures that seem to like the camera's attention are the squirrels and butterflies.  I've already posted plenty of squirrel pics, so here are some pics of butterflies for you...I guess the yellow one could be a moth...I'm not sure.


In either case, they both seemed to flutter in my face and practically begged me to take pictures of them. They even posed for the camera.
 Such attention seekers!

That is all the wildlife I have for now.  I'll try to get more pictures of them soon.  I haven't had the time or patience yet to sit still so I could take pics of all the different birds that come to my feeder.

No comments:

Post a Comment