Tuesday, June 8, 2010

April Showers Brought May Flowers

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile.  I have been busy with my brother's wedding, and now the first of 3 housewarmings.  I wanted to post some pics of the flowers that had bloomed in May.  I'll post actual goings on in a later post.

First up is the poppy.
I liked the bud.  It was quite soft and fuzzy.

Next up is my patch of mini iris.
They were quite bright and beautiful.

Third is my lupin.
That bee just wouldn't stay still for me.

Next are some coral bells (with bleeding hearts in the background) and I think foxglove?
I could be mistaken about the foxglove.

Here are some more irises.  These were much prettier than the tired ones behind the garage.

These are a few of my white peonies.
Some of them had a pink tinge to them.

I don't know the names of either of these flowers.
The purple one is blooming all over the flowerbeds by the deck.

Next is another unknown flower and a pink peony.
I'm not sure if the first flower is missing a petal, or if it supposed to look like that.  It is the only one blooming, so I have nothing to compare it to.

My tiger lilies are looking very handsome.

Another orange flower in bloom are the orange hawkweeds.
I know they are a weed, but they look kind of cool to me...like little suns or bursting fireworks.

This is yet another flower I'm not sure of.
It started out green, but has since turned white.

These flowers are blooming within my grapevine.  I know the one on the right is raspberry blossoms, but I don't know what the ones on the left are...they look strange, yet cool.

Well, that is all the flowers I have for now.  I've already taken more since last week, but they are still on my camera.  

No comments:

Post a Comment