Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Saga Continues

Well, now that our lawn mower issue has been resolved, others have cropped up.  Ahhh!  Home Ownership. :P
My oven has decided to go on strike.  The burners on top still work, thank goodness; however, the oven below does not.  I discovered this while waiting for the oven to preheat for my meatloaf.  Thankfully, the sellers had bought us a one year home warranty policy which covers appliances as part of our closing deal.  We just need to get on the ball and call the company.  
In other news, our neighbor in the back is paving his part of the shared driveway with concrete.  We don't really have a problem with this since that would mean no more rocks for me to pick up in the spring from gravel tossed into our yard by a snowblower.  However, this has brought up the issue of the easement.  Our property is 125ft wide, but the last 25ft on the west is reserved for the easement that our neighbor uses for his driveway.  Our question is, who has what rights concerning the easement?  For example, there are a few trees that are within the 25 ft of the easement.  Who has the right to those trees?  Fortunately, he is not knocking down any trees in "our" yard to pave the drive.  He is just paving over his pre-existing gravel drive.  In any case, Jim and I have an appt with a real estate attorney next week just to help us clarify the issue.

I was able to snag some of the pics from Jim's mom of the day we cut down the hedges.  Here is a better pic of our brush pile.  Also a pretty pic of our backyard with me carrying the brush that fell off our tarp while dragging it to the pile.

I laughed when I saw this and had to take a pic.  To me it looks like the remaining hedges are pushing against Jim's car to stop him from backing into the house.

And of course, it is time for more flower pics!  Yea!
First up, is my strawberries and snowballs.

Next is my mystery flower on the left.

I realized the other day that I don't have any pics of my most abundant flower.  Funny enough, they are the Forget Me Nots.  Oops!  I forgot them.  ^_^*  I also took a pic of this lone purple tulip with a beautiful blue color on the inside.  I wish the camera would have captured it better.

I loved how the lilacs and forget me nots complimented each other, so I had to share.  The other pic is of a mourning dove that I believe is nesting somewhere on our roof.  I wake up in the morning to them cooing.

Well, that is all for now.  Hope you enjoyed all the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment