Friday, February 1, 2013

Yea! A Real Post!

As promised, here is a for real Blue Century Home post!  It only took me more than 1/2 a year.
Whoops!
Babies are quite the little time-zappers.
I decided to start things off with pictures of the 2 bedrooms we worked on for 2 years.  I just realized typing this that I need to also update the Before & After section for these rooms.  ^_^*  Guess I'll do that after I finish this post.
It will blow your mind!
We are so happy with how these rooms turned out.  I even busted out our camera tripod that we bought at a garage sale about 3 years ago.  I literally had to dust off cobwebs from the thing.  LOL!  So, just for you, I took some panorama pictures.  Yea!
Don't forget that you can click on the images to enlarge them.  I know the panorama pictures are kind of small on the blog.
So, without further adeu...

The nursery from the doorway

The nursery from the closet

The nursery from the East window

I also wanted to highlight some of the details you might not see well from the panorama views.

This is Avonlea's door sign that I created.

This is the bird cage I bought at a garage sale and then decorated.  I wanted to add an extra touch of whimsy to the room.  Some of you might recognize it from the baby shower.  I love the shadows in this picture.

I drew the bird on this wastebasket that is actually a planter I bought for a buck at Target.

A picture we bought from a Victorian home tour gift shoppe

One of the vinyl clings we have in the room.

Avonlea's name sign that hangs above her crib.

This is Avonlea's diaper changing station.  Two of the cubbies have baskets filled with cloth diapers.  The third cubby has a basket with baby wipes and mini trash bags.  The brown bin behind Avonlea is her hamper.  The white bin on the other side is the diaper pail.  The top drawer has more cloth diapers, covers, and extra inserts.  The bottom drawer has baby wipes, wet/dry hanging bags, and pail liners.  The shelf holds miscellaneous items like baby lotion, hand sanitizer, hair brush, thermometer and extra elastics for the diapers.  This area is a workhorse.  
Avonlea wanted to be in the picture.  :)  And yes, her calender is also song bird themed.

On to the Guest Room!  
I like to refer to this room as the Lilac Room.  Afterall, century homes should have names like that for their rooms.  LOL!

These first 2 pictures were taken from the doorway
 I played around with wide width and standard panorama settings on the camera.
As a side note, I paid $5 for that lily lamp at a garage sale.  Afterwards, I found out those lamps typically sell for more than $100.  So, go me!  LOL!

This was taken from the opposite corner.
 The closet has sliding doors.  

This pic was taken in the corner by the closet.
The rainbow colored afghan you see in these pics was made by my mom years ago when she was in the hospital fighting leukemia.  One day, I will pass that afghan onto Avonlea so that she can have something her maternal grandmother made.  Avonlea will never meet her in this realm, but she can still be wrapped in my mother's love.

This is a view out the East window of the Guest Room.
I tried to capture the snow falling. 

And to close off this post, I thought I'd share 2 pictures of Avonlea in her newest shoe.
 She did that all on her own.

Avonlea trying to sneak up on Mama, but I could hear the clunk-clunk of her robot boot.  LOL!

I hope you enjoyed this post.  My goal (resolution) is to blog here at least once a month.

4 comments:

  1. Your house is coming along! You and your husband are both very talented. I was surprised (why? babies grow up ) that your daughter is walking! :) and I love her ingeniuity and creativity, designing her own shoes already. I will look forward to more entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What precious little birdies and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Nance and Brandi! We appreciate your comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! your home sure is coming together nicely.I love the paneled closet doors.

    ReplyDelete