Friday, August 12, 2011

Colors, Colors, Everywhere!

Now that the drywall is completely up and the mudding is nearing the end...at least in the 2 bedrooms...I've been stalking the aisles of the local hardware stores for paint samples.  It was a grueling competition for the color swatches, but in the end, there could be only one!  Well, actually 6 if you count the 2 bedrooms, 1 hallway, and 3 ceilings.  ^_^

Here is a taste of the culling
These were the finalists for the nursery.
(Yes, that is an Ugly Doll in our color selection.  We just really liked his coloration.)
Haha!  I know, we are weird.  Poor, Enishi.  ^_^

These were the winners:
Nursery
Walls: Light Sage (Olympic Paint)
Ceiling: PaleVista (Olympic Paint)
Guest Room
Walls: Lilac Time (Olympic Paint)
Ceiling: Windsor Haze (Olympic Paint)
Hallway
Walls: Lyndhurst Timber (Valspar Historic Paint)
Ceiling: March Ice (Valspar Paint)

Jim and I agreed on the general color for each area (ex: grey-tinged purple in the Guest Room, green in the Nursery and brown in the Hallway), and I then picked out the specific colors.  Jim gave his final approval afterwards.  I think it worked out well.  I used the same method of elimination when I picked colors for the Craft Room.  I would put all the color swatches on the walls and see what they looked like throughout the varying times of day.  If I didn't like how a color looked, down it went.  The method must have worked well because I've gotten a lot of compliments on the colors of my Craft Room.  You can see pics of it in the Before and After Section of this blog.  Speaking of which, I can't wait until I can add the After pictures of the Nursery, Guest Room and Hallway.  Hopefully, I'll be able to by October.

No comments:

Post a Comment